2L Best Value Electric Lift Rotary Evaporator
2L BEST VALUE ELECTRIC LIFT ROTARY EVAPORATOR
The 2L Best Value Electric Lift Rotary Evaporator is the ideal tabletop rotovap for small scale evaporation and recovery of solvents. Designed with ease of use in mind, the 2L allows users to separate solvents from a given mixture with minimal user input. The heating bath and temperature controls allow for precise, repeatable results. The double helix vertical condenser gives maximum surface area for condensation of vapors. PTFE seals on the entire system are made for maximum chemical resistance to ensure vacuum depth and lifespan of the system. Our rotovaps are a fraction of the price of more costly systems with the same functionaility and evaporation efficiency.
2L BEST VALUE ELECTRIC LIFT ROTOVAP PARTS DIAGRAM
- Digital PID temperature and rotation speed control
- All PTFE valves for improved lifespan and chemical resistance
- Direct injection capability for continuous feeding of solution
- Small tabletop footprint
- Electric multi-level lifting mechanism for ease of use
- CE Listed
- 1 year warranty on all mechanical parts. Does not include glassware.
2L Best Value Electric Lift Rotary Evaporator
Optimum Ambient Temperature
5~25C / 41~105.8F
GG-17 High Borosilicate
Digital Step-less Regulation
0-99C / 0-210F
Digital Temperature Control
Maximum Vacuum Pressure
Evaporating Flask Capacity
Receiving Flask Capacity
Vertical Double Helix
Alcohol >/= 1 L/H
Heater Max Current Draw (Amps)
Water Bath Material
Water Bath Size
10 x 5 in.
14cm / 5.5 in.
Total Power Consumption (kW)
28 x 18 x 27 in.
37.2 kg / 82 lbs
1 Year excluding glass parts
Rotovap Quick Start Guide
This guide gives basic quick start instructions for rotovaps. It is intended to provide a starting point for learning the process. Parameters should be adjusted to suit specific needs.
- Clean and assemble unit. Make sure all pieces are cleaned and sterilized using an alcohol solution.
- Connect chiller to condenser and set to 0C (32F). Always fill a rotovap condenser from the top down (chiller output to top of condenser, chiller input to bottom of condenser).
- Connect vacuum pump to cold trap and connect cold trap to vacuum port on rotovap.
- Turn on heat bath and set to 40C (113F).
- Once heat bath, chiller and cold trap have reached desired temperatures, turn on rotovap motor and set speed to approximately 100 RPM (does not have to be precise). Keep in mind, higher RPM’s will increase evaporation power but also increase heat load.
- Start vacuum pump and allow vacuum to pull down for a few minutes before injection.
- Once vacuum has been pulled to a sufficient level (does not have to be precise but should be below 100 Torr), using the injection valve, very slowly inject approximately 500 mL of solution into evaporating flask and then close the valve. Allow this small amount to begin evaporating. You may see the chiller begin to rise in temperature, this is called “priming” the rotovap.
- Once the temperature stops rising or all liquid is almost completely evaporated, open the injection valve again very slowly so that a small amount of liquid begins to enter the evaporating flask. Do not close injection valve this time but continue to allow solution to enter the evaporating flask.
- At this point you must try to match the input speed to the output speed. What this means is that you should be injecting the same amount of liquid into the rotovap that is equal to the amount of liquid dripping from the condenser into the receiving flask. You will know that the input speed and output speed are matched because the chiller will remain at a stable temperature. If the chiller begins to rise, then you are injecting too much liquid. Dial back the valve until the chiller stabilizes.
- Once everything is stabilized, you may walk away from the rotovap if necessary. Check every so often to make sure temperatures remain stable and evaporation continues efficiently.
***Note: All units are inspected for broken glass or parts before unit is shipped. If unit arrives damaged or glass is broken (this does not include minor imperfections or scuffs in glassware), Customer MUST contact Best Value Vacs within 3 days of delivery to file a claim and receive a replacement part. If customer DOES NOT contact Best Value Vacs within 3 days of delivery responsibility for replacement parts falls on the customer and they must pay for replacement pieces.***
***Glassware Safety Disclaimer: Best Value Vacs is not responsible for failure of glassware which must be inspected before and after every use because it may eventually develop imperfections or damage through normal usage, mishandling, and stress caused by temperature variations. If an imperfection or damage is noted while inspecting the glassware DO NOT use the glassware because it can fail causing bodily harm or damage to the surrounding area.***