Best Value Vacs 5L Solvent Pro Series Rotary Evaporator
5L SOLVENT PRO SERIES ROTARY EVAPORATOR
The 5L Solvent Pro Series Rotary Evaporator is a tabletop model made for users who are looking for more capacity than the standard 2L, but still need a smaller foot print compared to a 10L or 20L model. Designed with ease of use in mind, the 5L will separate solvents from mixtures with efficiency, and repeatable results making it the ideal rotovap for the majority of end users. With the ability to continously fill and drain, users can quickly process gallons of solution. The double helix vertical condenser provides maximum surface area for condensation of vapors. PTFE seals on the entire system are made for maximum chemical resistance to ensure vacuum depth and lifespan of the system.
5L Solvent Pro Series Rotovap Parts Diagram
- Digital PID temperature and rotation speed controls
- All PTFE valves for improved lifespan and chemical resistance
- Direct injection capability for continous feeding of solution
- Smaller footprint for improved workspace allocation
- Receiving flask drain port for easy draining
- Mobility with locking casters
- Electric lifting bath
- CE Listed
- 1 year warranty on all mechanical parts. Does not include glassware.
5L Best Value Rotary Evaporator
Optimum Ambient Temperature
5~25C / 41~105.8F
GG-17 High Borosilicate
Digital Step-less Regulation
0-99C / 0-210F
Digital Temperature Control
Maximum Vacuum Pressure
Evaporating Flask Capacity
Receiving Flask Capacity
Vertical Double Helix
Alcohol >/= 4 L/H
Heater Max Current Draw (Amps)
Water Bath Material
304 Stainless Steel
Water Bath Size
| 11.5 x 7.5 in. |
120mm / 4.7 in.
Total Power Consumption (kW)
36 x 18 x 54 in.
| 90 lbs.|
1 Year excluding glass parts
Rotovap Quick Start Guide
This guide gives basic quick start instructions for rotovaps. It is intended to provide a starting point for learning the process. Parameters should be adjusted to suit specific needs.
- Clean and assemble unit. Make sure all pieces are cleaned and sterilized using an alcohol solution.
- Connect chiller to condenser and set to 0C (32F). Always fill a rotovap condenser from the top down (chiller output to top of condenser, chiller input to bottom of condenser).
- Connect vacuum pump to cold trap and connect cold trap to vacuum port on rotovap.
- Turn on heat bath and set to 40C (113F).
- Once heat bath, chiller and cold trap have reached desired temperatures, turn on rotovap motor and set speed to approximately 100 RPM (does not have to be precise). Keep in mind, higher RPM’s will increase evaporation power but also increase heat load.
- Start vacuum pump and allow vacuum to pull down for a few minutes before injection.
- Once vacuum has been pulled to a sufficient level (does not have to be precise but should be below 100 Torr), using the injection valve, very slowly inject approximately 500 mL of solution into evaporating flask and then close the valve. Allow this small amount to begin evaporating. You may see the chiller begin to rise in temperature, this is called “priming” the rotovap.
- Once the temperature stops rising or all liquid is almost completely evaporated, open the injection valve again very slowly so that a small amount of liquid begins to enter the evaporating flask. Do not close injection valve this time but continue to allow solution to enter the evaporating flask.
- At this point you must try to match the input speed to the output speed. What this means is that you should be injecting the same amount of liquid into the rotovap that is equal to the amount of liquid dripping from the condenser into the receiving flask. You will know that the input speed and output speed are matched because the chiller will remain at a stable temperature. If the chiller begins to rise, then you are injecting too much liquid. Dial back the valve until the chiller stabilizes.
- Once everything is stabilized, you may walk away from the rotovap if necessary. Check every so often to make sure temperatures remain stable and evaporation continues efficiently.
***Note: All units are inspected for broken glass or parts before unit is shipped. If unit arrives damaged or glass is broken (this does not include minor imperfections or scuffs in glassware), Customer MUST contact Best Value Vacs within 3 days of delivery to file a claim and receive a replacement part. If customer DOES NOT contact Best Value Vacs within 3 days of delivery responsibility for replacement parts falls on the customer and they must pay for replacement pieces.***
***Note: This item will ship by freight only.***
***Glassware Safety Disclaimer: Best Value Vacs is not responsible for failure of glassware which must be inspected before and after every use because it may eventually develop imperfections or damage through normal usage, mishandling, and stress caused by temperature variations. If an imperfection or damage is noted while inspecting the glassware DO NOT use the glassware because it can fail causing bodily harm or damage to the surrounding area.***