Best Value Vacs Rotary Evaporator 20L
20L SOLVENT PRO SERIES ROTARY EVAPORATOR
The 20L Solvent Pro Series Rotary Evaporator is a full scale system meant to fufill the needs of large volume production. Featuring all PTFE valves for extreme chemical resistance, the 20L Solvent Pro gives users the ability to recover large amounts of solvent in a smaller footprint with highly improved functionality. All Solvent Pro rotovaps feature high efficiency valves and drain ports making it easy to directly inject solution continously without the need to stop the system or release vacuum to drain. The temperature and rotation speed are easily controlled from a single ditigal interface. Our rotovaps are a fraction of the price of more costly systems with the same functionality and evaporation efficiency.
20L SOLVENT PRO SERIES ROTOVAP PARTS DIAGRAM
- Digital temperature and speed control with simple user interface
- High efficiency drain port and injection valves
- Smaller footprint for improved workspace allocation
- Mobility with locking casters
- Shorter vapor path for faster evaporation and condensation
- Direct injection capability for continuous feeding of solution
- Continuous draining capability without the need to release vacuum or stop the system
- CE Listed
- 1 year warranty on all mehanical parts. Does not include glassware.
20L Solvent Pro Series Rotary Evaporator
Optimum Ambient Temperature
5~25C / 41~105.8F
GG-17 High Borosilicate
240V 60Hz Single Phase
Digital Step-less Regulation
0-99C / 0-210F
Digital Temperature Control
Maximum Vacuum Pressure
Evaporating Flask Capacity
Receiving Flask Capacity
Main + Auxiliary Vertical Double Helix
Alcohol >/= 12 L/H
Heater Max Current Draw (Amps)
Water Bath Material
304 Stainless Steel
Water Bath Size
17.7 x 9.8 in.
190mm / 7.5 in.
Total Power Consumption (kW)
49 x 24 x 83 in.
14mm / .55 in. Barb
18mm / .70 in. Barb
1 Year excluding glass parts
Rotovap Quick Start Guide
This guide gives basic quick start instructions for rotovaps. It is intended to provide a starting point for learning the process. Parameters should be adjusted to suit specific needs.
- Clean and assemble unit. Make sure all pieces are cleaned and sterilized using an alcohol solution.
- Connect chiller to condenser and set to 0C (32F). Always fill a rotovap condenser from the top down (chiller output to top of condenser, chiller input to bottom of condenser).
- Connect vacuum pump to cold trap and connect cold trap to vacuum port on rotovap.
- Turn on heat bath and set to 40C (113F).
- Once heat bath, chiller and cold trap have reached desired temperatures, turn on rotovap motor and set speed to approximately 100 RPM (does not have to be precise). Keep in mind, higher RPM’s will increase evaporation power but also increase heat load.
- Start vacuum pump and allow vacuum to pull down for a few minutes before injection.
- Once vacuum has been pulled to a sufficient level (does not have to be precise but should be below 100 Torr), using the injection valve, very slowly inject approximately 500 mL of solution into evaporating flask and then close the valve. Allow this small amount to begin evaporating. You may see the chiller begin to rise in temperature, this is called “priming” the rotovap.
- Once the temperature stops rising or all liquid is almost completely evaporated, open the injection valve again very slowly so that a small amount of liquid begins to enter the evaporating flask. Do not close injection valve this time but continue to allow solution to enter the evaporating flask.
- At this point you must try to match the input speed to the output speed. What this means is that you should be injecting the same amount of liquid into the rotovap that is equal to the amount of liquid dripping from the condenser into the receiving flask. You will know that the input speed and output speed are matched because the chiller will remain at a stable temperature. If the chiller begins to rise, then you are injecting too much liquid. Dial back the valve until the chiller stabilizes.
- Once everything is stabilized, you may walk away from the rotovap if necessary. Check every so often to make sure temperatures remain stable and evaporation continues efficiently.
***Note: All units are inspected for broken glass or parts before unit is shipped. If unit arrives damaged or glass is broken (this does not include minor imperfections or scuffs in glassware), Customer MUST contact Best Value Vacs within 3 days of delivery to file a claim and receive a replacement part. If customer DOES NOT contact Best Value Vacs within 3 days of delivery responsibility for replacement parts falls on the customer and they must pay for replacement pieces.***
***Note: This item will ship by freight only.***
***Glassware Safety Disclaimer: Best Value Vacs is not responsible for failure of glassware which must be inspected before and after every use because it may eventually develop imperfections or damage through normal usage, mishandling, and stress caused by temperature variations. If an imperfection or damage is noted while inspecting the glassware DO NOT use the glassware because it can fail causing bodily harm or damage to the surrounding area.***